January 9 is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). Each year the organization spearheading the day (the C.O.P.S. nonprofit) call our nation’s citizens to action in support of law enforcement.
Everyone who appreciates law enforcement are encouraged to take time on January 9, to show their support. 106.9 the Light will be honoring the law enforcement all day. You can help by showing your support too.
Here are a few ideas:
- Pray for law enforcement officers
- See the blue police-car lights, say a prayer for the officer
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency
- Share a story on Facebook about a positive experience with law enforcement
- Create a law enforcement “survival kit,” that includes useful items, or small, fun gifts (an example here and here)
- Drop off pre-packaged baked goods (call ahead before you drop off to make sure they can accept)
- Fly a blue ribbon on your car antenna or mailbox
- Wear blue
On a more personal level, our church has a deputy sheriff on our campus on Sunday mornings from 9:00 until noon. Seek him or her out and offer thanks. Also…widen your appreciation to firefighters and EMS workers.
They all have a God-ordained role to protect us Romans13:4-5